Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Favorite!

I think that it is safe to say that food is a big thing in my family. We love it! I created this blog for my English class, and today I get to share a recipe :) This blog also focuses on the large topic of family. There will be more upcoming posts required for this class, so get excited!

It's REALLY hard choosing one recipe to share. There are SO many that my family and I enjoy. One of our favorite things to make are classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. Can I just say Yum?! I hope that you know, that we usually don't give out the recipe because it's so dear to us, but I'm going to make this an exception.

Start by putting one cup of butter into a small bowl to put in the microwave to melt. Pour the melted butter into a large bowl where you will be putting the remaining ingredients. Add three-fourths of a cup of white sugar into the bowl as well as three-fourths of brown sugar. Next, crack one egg and put in a half of a teaspoon of salt. No more than that! You don't want to be tasting salt in your cookies...at least I don't. Pour in one tablespoon of vanilla, followed by one teaspoon of baking soda. Finally, mix all the ingredients. After the ingredients are all the way mixed, add four and a half cups of flour and mix. The final ingredient can be whatever you'd like really. We usually add one regular size bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Sometimes we get creative though, and we put M&M's instead. Mix those in and take a cookie scooper to put the cookie dough in balls on a cookie sheet. Put them in the oven and cook at three hundred and fifty degrees Fahrenheit for about thirteen minutes and then Yahoo! You have warm delicious cookies!!!!




Delicious with a cup of milk!



My cookie baking crew :)!

My family loves spending time in the kitchen and it's one place that creates happiness. We all enjoy it! It's a way to bring all of us together.

I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Stay tuned for my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment